Friday, June 17, 2016

Adding an output logger event adapter to WSO2 DAS event stream

Working in WSO2 Cloud Team was capable of putting me through events which I wondered what should I do now ? Specially while in Cloud Support. Once there was an issue (L1) we got reported that API Statistics are not visible on WSO2 API Manager. Oh great by this time I was not much of an expert in this area and I was like HOW ?

WSO2 API Cloud uses WSO2 APIM 1.10 and DAS 3.0.1 by that time was and I knew that DAS is working in a cluster which has two receivers, analyzers and indexers. It wasn't hard to realize that DAS analyzers aren't having required raw data stored for the time being. HOw to check whether API Gateway is publishing data to das analyzers ? Here is what was suggested to me from a DAS team member to check whether data is getting published to das receiver node. Here what I used was a adding an Output logger event adapter [1] to the Input stream that I wanted to check whether the data is getting published to DAS receiver nodes.

1. Login to DAS management console
2. Go to Main -> Event -> Publishers -> Add event publisher


3. On the Create a New Event Publisher add the Event Publisher Name and select the Event stream which needs to be logged from Event Source
4. Then from Output Event Adapter Type select logger as the value and click Add Event Publisher.



5. You will see a message Event publisher added successfully and the added Event publisher will be visible on Available Event Publishers.



6. Start publishing to the stream and you will see logs getting printed on <DAS-HOME>/repository/logs/wso2carbon.log



[1] https://docs.wso2.com/display/CEP300/Output+logger+Event+Adapter



No comments:

Post a Comment